mrdnaParticipantOctober 16, 2009 at 9:38 pmPost count: 220
I’m looking forward to auto-tagging coming in v1.3.0, but I was curious on how it was being implimented and if there was a way to introduce user-definable auto-tagging rules.
A couple aspects I think would up the power on this even more than it will be initially.
1. User-definable rules; "if file X is in dir/subdir Y add to tabble Z" – The directory name is a used as a variable rather than being made the tabble’s name. Allow this to extend to file names as well – "if filename X has Y in its name add to tabble Z"
2. Allow user-defined rules to override default auto-tagging
3. User-defined rules export/import with structures
(edit; almost forgot a very important part!)
4. auto-tagging based on file date and time
a. switchable so the date/time tag is defined by;
i) current file date/time (if file date/time changes so does tag)
ii) original file date/time when Tabbles first saw the file (tag does not change if file date/time does)
5. user-defined dirs to auto-tag (ability to turn auto-tag on/off, essentially)
Hope these make sense.
Feedback from other users?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.