TheeDragonParticipantAugust 29, 2014 at 2:23 pmPost count: 48
hey guys /
this MIGHT be just a coincidence
but thought I will check in with you
for the last few weeks / my laptop fan runs non-stop 100% of the time
I thought because I have been doing a LOT of re-org of file structure across
laptop/desktop/2 NAS drive/local USB 1TB backup drive / Sugarsync / OneDrive and Tabbles
about 40Gb total Data
Anyway / ALL places are DONE syncing / and fan still humming away –
so – found that CPU is still over 50% with 35-45 on a process called
microsoft windows search filter host
is that related to any of your processes ????
thought I’d ask before I start to uninstall and check effects
the other new items a have are
added 16Gb under my OneDrive (formerly called Skydrive)
OneDrive has been on my system since new / just never used before
and Cubby (which is like a baby sugarsync that encrypts files)
only doing this for 1 folder with 5 files
HP with hi-end AMD and 8gb ram
TheeDragonParticipantAugust 29, 2014 at 2:25 pmPost count: 48
oops . . .
forgot to say – that ofen (these past few weeks)
folders will not upate
eg and new folder – it will not appear
until I refresh view
or if I drag a file – same thing
need to refresh view –
not know if Tabbles related – FYI
MaurizioKeymasterAugust 29, 2014 at 7:24 pmPost count: 100
this might be due to the overlay handler.
1) please tell me what version you have installed.
2) install the latest version, 3.0.47, which has an optimization in the overlay handler. After installing, restart explorer.exe manually (sometimes the installer fails to do that) or reboot the machine.
3) if the problem persists with tabbles 3.0.47:
3.A) send log_overlay_handler1.txt to bugs AT tabbles.net
3.B) try disabling the overlay handler (menu > options > disable explorer overlay icons) , restart explorer.exe or reboot the machine, and tell me if the problem is still present.
- This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Maurizio. Reason: added details
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.