December 4, 2014 at 3:22 pm
Post count: 100
- install sql server on only one pc.
- install tabbles client on both pcs.
- configure sql server to accept connections from both pcs.
- make sure you can login to tabbles from both pcs with the same tabbles user.
- attach the external hard disk to pc #1 (with drive letter, say, G:\).
- from pc #1, tag a file in the external hard disk with tabble “test”. Suppose its path is G:\foo.pdf.
- detach the external hard disk from pc #1 and attach it to pc#2, with letter, say, H:\
- log in to tabbles from pc2, open tabble “test”.
- you will see the file from the external hard disk. its path will be H:\foo.pdf.
- if you double click the file, it opens normally.