Some suggestions for file operations
@Michalis KarakatsanisMember10 months ago
Hello everyone. I personally think that tabbles is a piece of software with huge potential but it needs to polish itself with some otherwise basic functions:
– Add Selecting all files with Ctr-A (this is something that cannot be missing from a file explorer)
– Sort by type (again very basic)
– What is the need for the page-view for the results?
– Add (new) multiple tags: I have a list of the tags that I am using, I don’t see the point of entering one by one, manually.
– More advanced search: search in filepath etc.
– Maybe find a way to connect tabbles tags’ database to Everything search (this would be awesome :))
– Ability to edit shortcuts/hotkeys (I would love to have a shortcut key for tagging files in windows explorer)
– I could write more but…
Still, I believe that tabbles is a great piece of code!
@MaurizioKeymaster10 months ago
These are all great suggestions. The first one was already in the TODO list, and will be done before Tabbles 4 final.
Sort by type: you are right but you can combine a file-type tag, so as to restrict the view to just one type.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.