J.J.MemberJune 21, 2015 at 11:55 amPost count: 8
Some tabbles-name ‘evolve’ in time, for example a company’s name has changed.
Let’s say the old tabbles-name was ‘Seawater‘ but the name changed to ‘Lake‘. What I do is I change my Tabbles-name to ‘Lake (Seawater)‘.
(Of course you can avoid this and create a new tabbles, but then you’ll have tag the new documents with both Lake and Seawater if you don’t want to lose the connection between the new and older documents.)
When you try to tag a document and search for the string ‘Seawater‘ you don’t get any results, because the brackets (!) are missing :-(.
I would like to see that fixed in a next version ;-). Make Tabbles able to search for parts of tabbles names.
J.J.MemberJune 24, 2015 at 10:29 amPost count: 8
I used the wrong word I see now. Indeed I meant parentheses () and not brackets .
You are right that your suggestion “lake seawater” does solve the problem, so it is definitely not a bug :-).
Using a space between the parentheses would also solve the problem: “Lake ( Seawater )” instead of “Lake (Seawater)”. However that is still a (kind of a) work around ;-).
My request was more to avoid the above work arounds, if you should be able to search in parts of Tabble-strings, regardless the use of spaces or (accidental) typo’s.
Thx for your reply Maurizio!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.