Hello there everybody,
…and this is precisely why I don’t use the nested tabbles – In addition to making the classic workspace rather useless in intuitive drilling into my info (following an idea thread) it also requires adding upwards of 5 (or more!) very useless tags to all my files. And yes, Maurizio, for me, and it sounds like how mkayi is using it, using the nesting function -does- make the workspace useless to our way of use and the negates the reason for using tabbles in the first place.
This was pretty much my exact argument when you implimented this version of nesting and why I’ve asked for a switch or some other way to allow the user to chose whether the parent-tabble is inherited, at minimum. In the workspace, have the tabbles break out by parent tabble, much like it does by color group or alpha.
Ok, let’s see if we get it right:
– what you like of the old main window is that you can have all the tabbles always visible and zoom/pan to have a better look over them.
– what you don’t like of the nested tabbles is:
- * it reduces the usability of the old main window because you see only a portion of the total tabbles, and when you double click into one you’re brought to the file-window and to the tree.
- * when you using the tree, you have to click into each node (tabble-father) in order to see its children, and this is a lot of work each time…
Did we get it right?
If so, what if we put a button in the tree that allows you to open all the nodes at once, or even better, one level at once? This way you would click once (or twice…) and have all the tabbles visible in the tree. I believe this would improve the situation and solve 50% of the problem. 😮 :geek:
I guess (please let me know if I’m wrong): that we could split the left 50% this way:
- * 25% = having the tabbles to group differently within the tree (alfabetical, color group etc.) – this may be done soon or later
- * 25% = the fact that by zooming/panning you feel you have way more control – this is more complicated for us…
What we’ve been thinking too is implementing a view mode in the old main window where you can see all the tabbles at once (regardless of their nesting) and get them grouped by color… this is also feasible but rather complex to implement therefore we can’t put in top of our roadmap right now… 😕