Tagging of external hard disk for use on two PCs
@gsairusMembro2 anni, 10 mesi fa
Hello and thank you for the Tabbles :)<br>I have one issue, namely I want to tag my files on my external hard disk and to be able to use the same DB on my two different Pcs for the same external hard disk. I have installed two verssions of Tabbles on two PCs but I didnt come up with any idea how I can do it.<br>Thank you in advance for your replay!<br>
@MaurizioAmministratore del forum2 anni, 9 mesi fa
- install sql server on only one pc.
- install tabbles client on both pcs.
- configure sql server to accept connections from both pcs.
- make sure you can login to tabbles from both pcs with the same tabbles user.
- attach the external hard disk to pc #1 (with drive letter, say, G:\).
- from pc #1, tag a file in the external hard disk with tabble “test”. Suppose its path is G:\foo.pdf.
- detach the external hard disk from pc #1 and attach it to pc#2, with letter, say, H:\
- log in to tabbles from pc2, open tabble “test”.
- you will see the file from the external hard disk. its path will be H:\foo.pdf.
- if you double click the file, it opens normally.
Devi essere loggato per rispondere a questa discussione.