Thee – I do like the nesting function, and I had to ‘untag’ many files that got automatically tagged with the Parent, then the child, then the child’s child. I didn’t want it so cluttered, so had to redo many TABBLES.
CAVEAT: be aware that I am a new user of TABBLES just trying to implement my own schema of Knowledge Management, i.e., ‘no expert’ at TABBLES.
Nonetheless, using your first screenshot: (RSFO)
* notice that all the TABBLES listed (on right) are tagged RSFO, as expected, and 2 are of Acietes and 4 of Migasa – BOTH are subs of SPAIN, subs of Buyers, subs of Company.
I suggest you drag Acietes ‘into’ Iraq. Refresh (click Workspace) and then try clicking RSFO again. – See what results.
Then tag 1 of those Aceites files with “Caribsat” – Refresh – See what results.
Remove Aceites from the file you just tagged with “Caribsat” – Refresh – See what results.
I think that will explain it, but if not:
Then tag any 1 of those 6 files with “CDRO” – Refresh – See what results.
Then tag a different 1 of those 6 files with “Cement” – Refresh – See what results.
I believe the TABBLES display routine (and only Maurizio knows for sure) tries to be efficient – to show the least possible necessary TABBLES. Sometimes the combination of Tabbles is such that it can seem inconsistent (and, in fact the routine may be random, but consistently so)
I tried a similar tagging/untagging routine on my own TABBLES setup – I was able to tag, nest, un-nest, untag, etc. several times with the same results.
Note that I found ‘refreshing’ necessary as the lag from my machine to SQL Server was sometimes quite slow (with over 250 TABBLES)
let me know what you find out.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.