Hi there, I’m new to the forum and am nowhere near a power user, so please forgive me if I wind up requesting something that’s a) already been requested elsewhere, or b) already in the program and I just don’t know how to find it!
All of my requests have to do with making the user interface more friendly. I really like what Tabbles allows me to do in tagging and searching for files, but I will do as much as I can to do all of my file architecture work (creating and moving files and esp folders) in Explorer before opening the Tabbles program and adding tags last, because I find the Tabbles interface awkward to work in. A previous poster mentioned integrating more into Windows Explorer, but for me it would be enough just to let the interface work more and look more like Windows Explorer so that I can use the same techniques to move around. My top 5 are:
1. Create a KB shortcut and/or a toolbar button for „Create a new folder“.
2. Allow smaller icons/more compact lists of files/folders (similar in look to the List view in Windows Explorer). The current UI (in the compact view) seems to waste a lot of space and force a lot of unnecessary extra scrolling.
3. When viewing numerous files in one folder, allow the one view/page to scroll as much as needed for the number of files, rather than separating them into ‚pages‘ (This is really irksome!)
4. Add simplified ‚back‘ and ‚forward‘ buttons that will go straight back and forth to the previous view rather than opening a menu of recent places to choose from
5. Add a customizable toolbar where one can place the functions the individual uses most.
As I said above, I am really liking Tabbles in other respects – I’m using it to build a mammoth database of scanned sheet music for church, and it’s awesome to be able to search for individual pieces based on their key, theme, scripture reference, hymnal source, arrangement etc. 🙂
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.