Welcome. Have more question? Write us, we’re friendly people
Tabbles is a social data tagging tool, it does:
- Tag files (ultra-fast or automagically) and URLs socially
- Find/group files using virtual folders (tags)
- See files in “Tag A & Tag B” and browse them in virtual file system
- Share your tagging with colleagues, on LAN or in the Cloud
Who will need it?
Whatâ??s your next step?
We’re working on an API system allowing third parties to develop plugins and interface with Tabbles – along with a number of new features.
- Founded in 2009, first release in August 2009
- About 30,000 downloads (as of Nov. 2010)
- Business model: selling licenses
- Currently bootstrapping
- The team: Andrea D’Intino (Sales & Marketing, co-founder), Maurizio Colucci (Developer, co-founder), Irma Sta (Legal-Finance, co-founder), Frans Larsen (Developer)
- Name: from tag + bubble
How does it work?
It builds a layer on top of the file system (it does NOT move/delete/copy files or folders), it saves tagging data in its custom internal database and shares it using shared folders (works fine with cloud storage services).
It’s a desktop app: drag’n'drop, copy’n'paste, keyboard shortcuts work as they should.
How is this different from:
Tabbles is written entirely in F# and WPF. The data is stored in a proprietary server-less database, a simple XML file which typically doesn’t grow larger than a few MB.
What about the social networks? Twitter, facebook, blog?
We’re also proud members of the Microsoft BizSpark program:
- What is it?
- User Stories