Hi guys, we finally found out why Tabbles Local does not work on some machines (meaning that it crashes or gives an error message when you press the “Go” button).
The culprit seems to be the software “Ad-Aware” or “WebCompanion” from Lavasoft, or in general any product that installs LavasoftTcpService.dll and LavasoftTcpService64.dll in your Windows folders.
You should uninstall this software in order to use Tabbles Local.
To uninstall the software completely, here is the procedure to follow:
- From command prompt, type “services.msc”.
- In the list of services, find LavasoftTcpService.
- Right click it, and click properties.
- In the properties dialog: click “stop”; In the “startup type” dropdown, choose “disable”; click “apply” and Ok.
- Then, from the Windows Control Panel, uninstall the product.
- Then do a search in the Windows folder for the files LavasoftTcpService.dll and LavasoftTcpService64.dll. You should find them in several places like C:\Windows\System32 and C:\Windows\SysWOW64.
- Rename these dll files to something else, like old_LavasoftTcpService64.dll
- Now try to login in Tabbles Local, and it should work.
If this still does not work, please write us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 🙂